Navarro Regional Hospital is looking for an BE/BC Otolaryngologist to join an employed practice.
- New or experienced physicians welcome to apply
- Anticipated call of 10 days per month
- Office located within walking distance to the hospital
- Must be willing to live in the community rather than commute from Dallas
- No visa assistance available
About Navarro Regional:
- Community of 26,000 with a service area of 50,000 and only one hospital
- Navarro Regional Hospital is a JCAHO accredited community hospital with more than 4,000 admissions, 23,000 ED visits and over 50,000 diagnostic studies annually.
- Ample office space available in a recently built medical office building adjacent to the hospital.
- Public/private education for pre-K thru 12th grade, plus a 4-year public university and a 2-year college
- No personal income tax
- Less than an hour from Dallas on I-45
- Enjoy low cost of living in a safe, family-friendly community with a YMCA, ample parks, and country club
- Access to Richland Chambers Reservoir, the 3rd largest lake in Texas
- Home of the 2nd largest planetarium in Texas
Navarro Regional is offering a competitive recruitment package that may include:
- Base Salary with potential for incentive compensation
- Commencement Bonuses
- Relocation, as well as Marketing and CME expenses for first year
- Medical Education Loan Repayment Assistance
Navarro Regional Hospital , a 162-bed facility, is located in Corsicana, Texas, 60 miles southeast of Dallas. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO) and has a broad range of services, including Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery, Breast Surgery, Emergency Department, Inpatient Dialysis, Intensive Care Unit, Maternity Services, Outpatient Cardiac Rehab, Outpatient Surgery Center, Pediatric Services, Sleep Study Lab, Diagnostics Services, GI Procedures Lab, Kidney Stone Lithotripsy (On-site), Outpatient Physical Therapy, Pain Management Services,. The hospital features a recently built Medical Office Building (opened fall 2007) immediately adjacent to the main hospital building. Members of the medical staff enjoy a supportive and collegial relationship.
The Community A growing community with a rich history, Corsicana residents like to say their town is “where Country meets Culture”. Located in East Texas, Corsicana reflects the friendliness and easy lifestyle of Texas living, but its proximity and easy access to Dallas (just an hour away via Interstate 45) also allows residents to experience the sights and sounds of the big city whenever they feel the urge. Simply stated, from Corsicana you can find everything from armadillos to antiques, fruitcakes (it’s the “fruitcake capital of America”) to fine western art. With a city population around 26,000 and a county population of 50,000, Corsicana has grown 8% from 2000 to 2006. Founded on oil (Corsicana boasts the oldest commercial oil field in Texas), the economy is now more balanced, with energy, agriculture, and light manufacturing sectors. Almost 80 churches reflect the availability of almost all major denominations. Low cost of living, strong schools, and some exceptionally attractive established neighborhoods with handcrafted, custom built home from the early 1900s make this a great place to raise a family and enjoy life. One of the largest lakes in Texas—Richland Chambers Lake—is only 15 minutes away.