Seeking Neonatologist in Michigan
MEDNAX is offering an exciting career opportunity for a fifth full time Neonatologist to join our team at Covenant Medical Center in Saginaw, Michigan.
Our experienced Neonatologists emphasize a team approach to neonatal care that covers 17 counties in Mid Michigan.
- This 54-bed, Level-III NICU has an average daily census of approximately 35-40 patients and offers a broad range of pediatric sub specialties
- Responsibilities include assessing critically ill neonates and administering comprehensive patient care, using HFV, nitric oxide and whole body cooling
- Occasional high risk delivery attendance will be required, but is typically attended by the NNPs
- A nurse-led transport team provides coverage to multiple Level-I and Level-II hospitals in the region
- There is 24-hour, in-house NNP coverage with neonatologist back up from home
- There is a dedicated core group of respiratory therapists available 24/7
- Providers will also cover approximately 60% of the patients in the well-baby nursery
- Four neonatologists work a schedule of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off
- Academic affiliation to Central Michigan University is offered to all neonatologists
- Experienced providers and newly graduating fellows are welcome to apply
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
A cornerstone of Michigan’s Great Lakes Bay Region, Saginaw is located in Central Michigan and is approximately 90 minutes from Detroit. The area is home to a vast system of waterways and woodlands as well as a wealth of nature preserves, trails and facilities that support a love for green spaces while also inspiring active lifestyles. The Bay Area is home to multiple universities, excellent schools and home to Dow Chemicals and recreational activities including the Dow Gardens, Dow Event Center as well as minor league hockey and baseball. Saginaw offers a rich and diverse quality of life and provides a low cost of living and affordable education. One of the gems of this bustling town is the riverfront district, which offers many things to do, places to live and many educational opportunities. Enjoy arts and culture, nearby parks and family friendly activities. It’s no wonder why Saginaw is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family!
With a 35+ year record of success, MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner. As part of our national medical group, we give you the tools you need to build the career you want, and the flexibility to adapt as your personal needs and professional interests change.
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
MEDNAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
MEDNAX, Inc. is a national medical group that comprises the nation’s leading providers of neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal and pediatric physician subspecialty services. Physicians and advanced practitioners practicing as part of MEDNAX are reshaping the delivery of care within their specialties and subspecialties, using evidence-based tools, continuous quality initiatives and clinical research to enhance patient outcomes and provide high-quality, cost-effective care. MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states.