Internal Medicine Teaching Clinic Faculty in Salt Lake City
Full or Part-Time Internal Medicine Teaching Clinic Faculty
Intermountain Medical Center
Salt Lake City, UT
- The Corwin Q. Edwards Internal Medicine Clinic is a primary care clinic affiliated with the University of Utah’s Internal Medicine residency, School of Medicine, and the Transitional year Internship at Intermountain Medical Center
- We are looking for a full- or part-time board-certified internist who is driven and committed to modeling the best in compassionate, evidence-based medicine for our residents, interns, and medical students, while providing excellent care to our patients
- Our practice is outpatient only, and located on the campus of Intermountain Medical Center, an academic medical center and the flagship facility of Intermountain Healthcare
- Qualified candidates with an interest in teaching and mentoring the bright, rising stars that are part of our prestigious programs are encouraged to apply
- Teaching responsibilities include supervising patient care, leading didactics, providing feedback aimed at encouraging personal growth and development, and maintaining currency with evidence-based primary care
- The position is part of a shared practice with a long history defined by patient-centered care, flexibility, and collegiality
- Clinic is open Monday – Friday. After-hours telephone-based call is 1 week in 4
- Competitive salary
- Full Intermountain benefits that include defined pension, paid vacation, insurance options, 401K match, and CME
- Relocation provided, up to $15K
- Visa sponsorship not available
The Salt Lake Valley is the heart of the state of Utah, which is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Salt Lake City/Ogden area was ranked as the best place to live in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Salt Lake is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within an hour’s drive of nine world-renowned ski resorts and within a day’s drive of five national parks. Along with these recreational attractions, there are many cultural and sporting events. There are performances by the Utah Symphony, Ballet West and Pioneer Theater Company as well as a renovated theater that offers Broadway plays. The Sundance Film Festival and the Park City Art Festival are nationally recognized events held in nearby communities. The NBA’s Jazz, ECHL Utah Grizzlies hockey, the Salt Lake Bees, a triple-A baseball team, and Real Salt Lake City, a major league soccer team, all represent Salt Lake City. The University of Utah is also in Salt Lake City.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to:
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together. Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible®. Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
For the seventh consecutive year, Intermountain Healthcare was named as one of the "Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare" in 2019 by Becker's Hospital Review.
Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based, not-for-profit system of 23 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services, about 1,400 employed primary and secondary care physicians at more than 185 clinics in the Intermountain Medical Group, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- World-class year-round skiing, hiking and biking
- Incredible National Parks
- Four Distinct Seasons
- Endless outdoor recreation opportunities