Bon Secours Mercy Health System’s Richmond, Virginia market is seeking qualified orthopedic surgeons, specializing in sports medicine!
Join Bon Secours Orthopedic Specialists, a newly-formed, hospital-owned orthopedic specialty practice with subspecialties that include spine, sports medicine, general orthopedics and joint reconstruction. The position is located at Memorial Regional Medical Center in beautiful Hanover County, about 20 minutes outside the city of Richmond. MRMC is one of the health system’s largest and busiest hospitals. Here, the surgeon has access to the latest advancements in surgical interventions, including robotics, surgical navigation and intraoperative CT imaging. Available to the surgeon are state-of-the-art operating theaters, staffed with dedicated spine/ortho teams, who specialize in sports medicine outpatient case types. The facility also offers a dedicated 25-bed inpatient orthopedic unit, where patients are managed by a full-time nurse practitioner and care for by nurses competent in orthopedic care. The surgeon is assisted by orthopedic-trained PA/NPs with call coverage responsibilities by way of rounding and managing ER consultations. Bon Secours’ vast referral network of more than 600 providers, including primary care, achieves the highest level of continuity for its spine patients. Bon Secours staffs multiple certified athletic trainers which partner with local area athletic teams that include high schools, colleges, and professional organizations.
Summary of essential job functions
- Assesses, diagnoses, and treats both chronic and acute diseases/injuries related to Sports Medicine
- Effectively communicates with partnering physicians, advanced practice providers, other specialty providers, and multidisciplinary care team
- Participates in day and night orthopedic call schedule with current affiliated orthopedic practices
- Participates regularly in hospital meetings and committees related to patients safety, governance, quality improvement, and process improvement
- Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Sports Medicine fellowship training or Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) from credentialed institution
- Board-certified or board-eligible
- English fluency
- Computer-based training; technical competencies; ability to learn/effectively navigate EMR/HER
- Team-oriented, collaborative personality & strong work ethic
Memorial Regional Medical Center serves residents of Richmond, Hanover and Henrico counties, and Virginia’s Northern Neck, providing compassionate health care of the highest quality. Memorial Regional and St. Mary’s are the only hospitals in Richmond to earn 2009 Magnet Recognition® status, awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing.
Fully accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO), we have been nationally recognized for clinical excellence and stroke care, and we are ranked among the top 10 percent of hospitals in the country for cardiac surgery and overall cardiac care.
Our world-class physicians are experts at treating a wide range of medical conditions, but we also believe in treating the whole person. Our Mission is to deliver compassionate, quality health care to every patient, every time.