Beaumont Children’s Hospital is seeking a clinically oriented Pediatric Gastroenterologist.
- Candidates should be board eligible/board certified in pediatric gastroenterology
- Must have a strong interest in medical student and resident education
- Seeking candidates who have good interpersonal skills and strong work ethic
- Successful candidates will be appointed to the faculty of Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
Compensation & Benefits
- We offer a highly competitive salary with a generous incentive potential based on clinical productivity and contributions to our tripartite mission of excellence in clinical care, teaching and scholarship.
- Full executive level benefits package includes, medical, dental, vision, malpractice, vacation time, short and long-term disability and retirement.
About the Department:
- 5 Pediatric Gastroenterologists, and 4 nurses, with plenty of room to grow!
- Large clinical service and see a wide range of referral/tertiary care patients
- Large number of active patients are cared for in our IBD center
- Dedicated pediatric endoscopy suite and perform over 1,300 endoscopes every year
About Beaumont Children's
- Beaumont Children's Hospital is the prime affiliate of Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
- It is the pediatric hub of the 8 hospital Beaumont Health system (3,500 beds, 17,000 newborns, 85,000 pediatric ER visits, 196 pediatric beds).
About the Geographical Area:
Beaumont, Royal Oak opened on Jan. 24, 1955 as a 238-bed community hospital. Today, that hospital is a 1,100-bed major academic and referral center with Level I adult trauma and Level II pediatric trauma status. A major teaching facility, Beaumont, Royal Oak has 55 residency and fellowship programs with 454 residents and fellows. Beaumont is the exclusive clinical partner for the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, with more than 1,400 Beaumont doctors on faculty and more than 2,100 on its medical staff and specialty services to assist our community.
Beaumont Health is Michigan’s largest health care system, based on inpatient admissions and net patient revenue. A not-for-profit organization, it was formed in 2014 by Beaumont Health System, Botsford Health Care and Oakwood Healthcare to provide patients with the benefit of greater access to extraordinary, compassionate care, no matter where they live in Southeast Michigan. Beaumont Health has total net revenue of $4.4 billion and consists of eight hospitals with 3,429 beds, 187 outpatient sites, nearly 5,000 physicians, 38,000 employees and 3,500 volunteers. In 2017, Beaumont Health had 175,688 inpatient discharges, 17,789 births and 574,591 emergency visits.
The City of Royal Oak requires no introduction to the Detroit metropolitan area. Conveniently located near several major thoroughfares, Royal Oak's location is prime. This is evident in the steady rise of property values throughout the city. Royal Oak has maintained the appeal of a small town, while affording many of the amenities of a large metropolis. Because of its respect for diversity, the city's composition is truly eclectic. The population represents a diverse mix of individuals, age groups, incomes, and myriad of residential home styles. Combined efforts of a proactive city government and Downtown Development Authority over the past several years have brought about a metamorphosis of the city's central business district. Downtown improvements have included changes to the landscape that encourage socialization.