Rheumatologist - Lake Charles, Louisiana
Ochsner CHRISTUS is seeking a Board Certified / Board Eligible Rheumatologist to join its practice in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Physicians directly from residency training or with experience will be considered. Salary offered will be competitive and commensurate with experience and training.
Examine and diagnoses diseases and disorders of the musculoskeletal system and immune system. Consult with patients to determine appropriate course of treatment. Recommend and orders tests to determine extent of illness and to aid diagnoses. Maintain completed medical records. Use the Rheumatology Department’s best practices. Attend and participate in scheduled department and organization administrative and academic initiatives as assigned by the department chairman. Participate in committee appointments, projects or academic initiatives as assigned by the department chairperson.
About Lake Charles:
- Lake Charles is a family-oriented community located in the Southwest region of Louisiana.
- Lake Charles is located just 75 miles from Lafayette and 60 miles from Beaumont, Texas
- Home of McNeese State University. Southwest Louisiana offers year-round outdoor activities and hosts over 75 annual festivals.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Ochsner Health System is Proud to be an Employer of Choice.
- Voted "Best Place to Work” by CityBusiness Magazine
- Ranked #11 on the 2018 Indeed list of Best Hospitals To Work
- Named to the Becker’s Healthcare 2018 list of “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”
- Recognized by Zippia as one of the “20 Best Companies to Work for in New Orleans, LA”
- Named to the Becker’s Healthcare 2018 list of “100 Great Hospitals in America”
- Named as a 2018 Top Workplace by Times-Picayune
- Ochsner’s CEO Warner Thomas recognized as a 2018 Top CEO on Glassdoor
- Named to the Becker’s Healthcare 2018 list of "52 Great Health Systems to Know"
- Ranked #73 on the Forbes 2018 list of "Best Employers for New Graduates"