Practice Internal Medicine in Rockford, IL - Home of Cheap Trick & the Rockford Peaches
Mercyhealth is seeking an Internal Medicine Physician to join our expanding practice at our new Level I Trauma Center in Rockford, Illinois.
Mercyhealth is an award-winning, multi-regional, integrated health system comprising 7 hospitals, more than 800 employed physicians, over 85 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 55 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 125 specialty and sub-specialty services, including adult and pediatric critical care, neonatal intensive care, neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
Mercyhealth has been named a “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Healthcare – 2018 & 2019.
- Join an expanding Outpatient Internal Medicine Practice
- Practice in a new (opened January 2019) Level I Trauma Center - 6 Floor Hospital with 4 Floor Outpatient Clinic
- Call is minimal and shared among Mercyhealth Rockford region Internal Medicine Physicians (1-2 days per month)
- Because we provide a robust Hospitalist program, hospital rounding is not required
- No restrictions on procedures - build the practice to your specifications
- Admitting hospitals are Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital - Riverside (same campus) & Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton Ave. (15-20 minute drive)
- This campus houses our new Internal Medicine Residency Program - opened July 2019
- Students from University of Illinois-Chicago Rockford Campus regularly rotate through our internal medicine clinics
Full Time Compensation & Benefits:
Mercyhealth offers a highly competitive base salary guarantee (based on MGMA guidelines) leading to an incentive-based compensation the first year, along with an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid CME, malpractice and licensure
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for Physician and family
- 100% match on 4% retirement plan contribution + additional discretionary 2%
- Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance paid 100% by Mercyhealth
- 20 days of PTO + 5 days for CME during guarantee for a full-time Physician
- Sign-on bonus and student loan forgiveness available
- Relocation reimbursement ($10,000)
Mercyhealth’s new state-of-the art specialty hospital and clinic serves the Northern IL region for highly specialized care for infants, children, and adults.
This beautiful, advance campus features:
- Level 1 trauma services
- Adult subspecialty services
- The highest level of neonatal and pediatric services
- Over 55 pediatric and neonatal doctors in 25+ pediatric specialties
- State-designated Regional Perinatal Center
- 52-bed NICU
- Level II Pediatric Trauma Center (1 of 5 in the state)
- State-designated Children’s Hospital (only on in northern Illinois)
- Pediatric Critical Care Center (1 of 10 in the state)
- State-of-the-art operating and surgery suites, including a hybrid operating room to support a full range of inpatient and outpatient surgery, including minimally invasive surgery and image-guided surgery
- Comprehensive diagnostic center, with lab, imaging and pharmacy services
- Inpatient dialysis
- Comprehensive cardiac, vascular, peripheral, and neurovascular interventional laboratory
Rockford is the third largest city in the state of Illinois. Settled on the banks of the Rock River, Rockford is notable for its economic diversification into automotive, aerospace, and healthcare industries, as well as the undertaking of various tourism and downtown revitalization efforts.
Rockford is known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, the Coronado Theatre, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History. Rockford has been recognized as one of the most affordable housing markets in the nation less than an hour and a half drive from downtown Chicago and Milwaukee and less than an hour from Madison, Wisconsin.
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with over 800 employed physician partners, seven hospitals and 85 primary and specialty care locations throughout 50 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
As an integrated health care provider, we provide exceptional, coordinated health care that spans four core service divisions: hospital-based services, clinic-based services, post-acute care and retail services, and a wholly owned insurance company. These four core service divisions make up our comprehensive, vertically integrated delivery system, and integrated delivery is what makes Mercyhealth unique in serving the full range of health care needs for our patients.
Mercyhealth offers over 85 specialty and subspecialty services, including orthopedic surgery, prehospital emergency services and training, neurosurgery, heart and vascular services, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery and much more. When time is of the essence, our trauma centers are equipped with the latest technology and highly trained staff to provide immediate, life-saving care. We are a leader in obstetric, neonatal and pediatric services, offering the highest level of care available at our neonatal intensive care unit, caring for the most fragile preemies in the region’s only Small Baby Unit, and serving as a State of Illinois-designated Perinatal Center for an 11-county region.