Part Time Orthopedic Physician in Kearny, NJ
This position is responsible for the medical assessment and care of patients involving the treatment of musculoskeletal system disorders by collaborating with the Nurse Manager- Health Services & PI and ARNPs and providing consultations and referrals between medical staff. This position also provides on-call responsibilities.
- Medical doctorate (MD) from an accredited university.
Two (2) years post residency clinical experience in an inpatient setting.
- Licensed in the state of employment. Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and applicable certifications.
- Board certified or eligible in internal or family medicine.
- Assesses patient’s physical health pertaining to conditions of the bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves and skin.
- Provides outside referrals as indicated.
- Ensures accurate and thorough documentation of all assessments.
- Provides clinical oversight of assessment and reassessment, ongoing provision of care activities, and completion of all associated documentation by ARNPs.
- Treats medical problems including musculoskeletal system disorders.
At Wellpath, our physicians have the opportunity to practice in a real “Patient Centered Medical Home”. Our physicians focus on the patients instead of insurance or billing concerns. In addition, our physicians value great pay, benefits and flexible schedules while working with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate high quality, low cost patient care.
Wellpath teams are located in correctional or behavioral hospital environments where our patients are truly appreciative of the care they receive. And due to the high security standards, our environments are safer than most emergency rooms and hospitals. If your passion is providing patient care and you are ready to enjoy the work you do, apply with Wellpath today.