An exceptional cardiology group currently caring for over 50,000 patients in beautiful North Central Florida is seeking to add another EP Cardiologist. Their physicians are passionate about comprehensive cardiovascular care, and believe in a team approach to care for their patients.
* 21 physicians (2 EP's), 11 NP's. Over 150 support staff. Certified Great Place to Work.
* 3 office locations with a robust device clinic.
* Large tertiary care hospital with development of a second EP lab. Existing EP lab w/ Carto and Precision/Ensite mapping. 2nd regional hospital with lab for device implants.
* Large research program with national recognition for our research achievements.
* Busy cardiology practice includes complex high-risk interventional program, including chronic total occlusions, mechanical circulatory support, a large TAVR and mitral clip program, and ablations for complex atrial and ventricular arrhythmias and lead extraction program.
* Board Certified / Board Eligible in Cardiac Electrophysiology
* Competency with full array of device implantations and lead extractions
* Competency with Afib, Atach, endocardial and epicardial VT ablations
* Board Certified or Level 2 proficiency in Echo and TEE
* Competency in Nuclear Imaging preferred
* Collegial team relationships and a 'lifestyle friendly' work-life balance
* Attractive work schedule / Limited call shifts / Excellent CME allowance
* Great vacation, insurance and retirement benefits
* Home to the University of Florida. Centered between Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee and Tampa. Our college town vitality, outstanding natural beauty and great location make us one of a kind - a place where nature and culture meet.
As Gainesville's community hospital, North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) has continued to expand in order for more people to have access to the quality, award-winning care NFRMC consistently delivers. During 2014, the hospital opened a 20-bed behavioral health unit in response to the acute need for increased behavioral healthcare in the community. We also opened Neurosurgical Specialists of North Florida in order to provide comprehensive neurosurgical care, specifically cranial procedures. Over the past few years, North Florida Regional has undergone several expansions and is now a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving residents throughout North Central Florida.
In addition, the UCF College of Medicine HCA GME Consortium is developing community based programs to produce outstanding physicians who will meet the growing healthcare needs of our community. Together, they have opened a successful Family Medicine program in 2015 and Internal Medicine will open in 2016 with several new programs slated for the near future.
As the largest city in both Alachua County and the north-central Florida region, Gainesville has much to offer visitors and long-term residents alike. Home to the University of Florida and a slew of other excellent educational facilities at every level, we're also known for beautifully preserved historic buildings, breathtaking landscapes, and scintillating entertainment. People call us one of the nation's most livable cities for good reason! We're a delightful hodgepodge of sports facilities, city parks, gardens, art shows, museums, food festivals, and tons of other charming quirks that you'll have to explore and fall in love with for yourself.