Pediatric Geneticist Opportunity in Sioux Falls, SD
Sanford Children's Specialty Group and the Pediatrics Department of Sanford School of Medicine of the University of SD are seeking a clinical geneticist with primary pediatric training to join an expanding genetics practice.
• Join two clinical geneticists, multiple molecular geneticists and genetic counselors. Research opportunities available
• Sanford Children’s is a group of 70+ pediatric sub-specialists with most pediatric sub-specialists represented
• Sanford Children's Hospital has 146 beds and is the only free-standing children's hospital in the state of SD
• Pediatric Residency Program, allowing for a faculty appointment through the Sanford School of Medicine
• Genetic Counseling Program started in 2016 with a joint effort between Sanford Health and Augustana University
• Imagenetics Initiative to expand genetics into primary care
Nationally competitive salary with a comprehensive physician benefit package including a Relocation Allowance and No State Income Tax
Caring for Children in our Castle of Care!
Sanford Children’s Hospital, a free standing 146 bed facility dedicated to caring for children, opened in March 2009. Sanford Children’s Hospital is the flagship Pediatric provider for Sanford Health recently received a gift of $400 million dollars from well known philanthropist T. Denny Sanford. A significant portion of these funds are earmarked for Pediatric program development to enhance Sanford’s mission of clinical service, education, and research. The children’s hospital is rapidly growing and provides a fertile environment for those interested in joining an energetic and supportive faculty.
Sanford Children's Specialty Group
Sanford Children’s is a group of 70+ Pediatric sub-specialists with most Pediatric subspecialists represented. Besides the variety of clinical practice, education and research opportunities at Sanford, Sanford Children’s Specialty Group offers something you can’t read in an email or letter: the true, sincere collegiality among our physicians. You have to experience it in person to really believe it!
Sanford Health, one of the largest health systems in the United States, is dedicated to the integrated delivery of health care, genomic medicine, senior care and services, global clinics, research and affordable insurance. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the organization includes 44 hospitals, 1,400 physicians and more than 200 Good Samaritan Society senior care locations in 26 states and nine countries.
About Sanford Health in Sioux Falls
• 545-bed hospital
• Large referral area
• Research opportunities
• Serving a city population of 250,000
The City of Sioux Falls is one of the fastest growing areas in the Midwest, currently totaling over 250,000 in the greater Sioux Falls area. As the largest city in the state, it balances an excellent quality of life and strong economy with a safe, clean living environment. The cost of living is competitive and South Dakota has no state income tax. Sioux Falls offers amenities of a community twice its size such as fine dining, shopping, arts, sports and nightlife.
For more information or to apply contact:
Mary Jo Burkman
Sanford Health Physician Recruitment
605-328-6996 or 866-312-3907