Inpatient Psychiatrist opportunity
- Position is located at Advocate Aurora Psychiatric Hospital
- Unique treatment setting on a beautiful wooded 30-acre campus
- Full time Hospitalist role to join our Adult Psychiatric team
- Provide inpatient services as part of a dynamic behavioral health program
- Collegial atmosphere with a full continuum of mental health and substance abuse programming
- Excellent Compensation, Benefits and Loan Forgiveness Program
- Great neighborhoods and schools nearby
- Able to support H-1B Visa as cap-exempt employer
At Aurora Pscyhiatric Hospital you can count on the most comprehensive continuum of behavioral health care in the state. Located on a beautiful, 30-acre wooded campus in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, our facility offers an ideal healing setting for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental health or substance issues.
Adult Inpatient Program:
Patients will experience a holistic approach to healing from mental health and substance abuse problems. We believe hope, healing, empowerment and connection make it possible to recover from severe depression, bipolar disorder, psychotic disorders, substance abuse and self-destructive behaviors. Learn more
Adult Intensive Outpatient Program for Depression and Anxiety:
For patients experiencing extreme fear, depression or anxiety, we teach powerful, practical ways to respond to emotional distress. Learn more
Adult Partial Hospital Program for Depression and Anxiety Learn more
Child & Adolescent Inpatient & Partial Hospital Program:
We specialize in individualized treatment for children and teens ages 5 to 18. We work closely with families in a safe, supportive environment to help young people better understand their actions, choices and emotions. Learn more
Eating Disorder Services:
Patients struggling with anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa will find 3 levels of care: inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programming. Our multidisciplinary team addresses the physical and psychological challenges associated with eating disorders. Learn more
Adult Substance Abuse Program:
Adults struggling with chemical dependency can take advantage of a full range of evidence-based treatment options. Our team includes some of the area's leading addiction experts and certified chemical dependency counselors, who will design a personalized program for each client to encourage positive, long-term results. Learn more
This unique school is home to students who struggle in a traditional educational environment due to emotional or psychological disorders. School personnel work closely with our hospital staff to create personalized learning plans that complement the behavioral needs of each child. Learn more
The Intake Services Department can offer you easy access to information regarding the hospital's clinical programs and admission procedures.
- Information and referral 24 hours per day
- Telephone triage assessment to quickly determine the appropriate next steps, completed by trained clinical professional(s)
- Referrals made to appropriate providers inside or outside the hospital system based on insurance requirements and/or scope of problem
- Psychiatrist phone consultation for each clinical assessment completed and recommendations about appropriate treatment options
- Insurance/managed care authorization completed as necessary and appropriate
- Case management services provided to patients admitted to clinical programs
To access information regarding hospital services or to discuss problems you are encountering in your life, please call 414-454-6777.
No matter what your need – common surgery or pioneering treatment – you can count on Aurora St.Luke's Medical Center's experienced and specialty physicians to provide expert care and excellent outcomes.
U.S. News & World Report, 2018-19. has singled out our services as well, making us 1 of only 26 hospitals in the U.S. to receive “Triple Recognition” for stroke and cardiac patients.
- Aurora Back and Spine Program: Work with experienced spine physiatrists, surgeons, pain management specialists and integrative medicine practitioners to get the right treatment for your condition.
- Cardiac Care: Internationally known for expertise in heart care, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center ranks among the top 10 centers in the world for minimally invasive, robotic-assisted heart surgery.
- Cancer Care: You can expect the latest treatment options plus clinical trials sponsored by the National Cancer Institute – close to home and your support network. Our multidisciplinary approach allows you to discuss your diagnosis and treatment options with multiple cancer specialists under one roof. Our cancer nurse navigators serve as advocates for you and family, guiding you from diagnosis to survivorship with resources and support for your personal and emotional needs.
- Cancer Care Spanish Clinic: The Aurora Cancer Care Spanish Clinic is a bilingual, Spanish-speaking cancer clinic in Wisconsin. Our doctor and his staff provide exceptional care in the management of cancer and other serious hematologic diseases, while also meeting the language and cultural needs of you and your family.
- Neurological Care: Our neuroscience team is at the top of its field. You’ll find a patient-centered, collaborative approach to your treatment as well as innovative surgical techniques that deliver pinpoint accuracy and faster healing. As a certified Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center, we offer our patients lower rates of long-term damage and comprehensive rehabilitation options. And our regional epilepsy and multiple sclerosis programs are national trendsetters.
- Organ Transplant Services: With more than 800 heart transplants behind us – along with extensive experience in kidney, liver and pancreas transplants – we’re changing lives in miraculous ways. We have been a leader in transplant surgery since 1968. Our program is Medicare-approved for heart, liver and kidney transplants, and offers 24-hour access to doctors and transplant coordinators.
- Orthopedic Care: Our knowledgeable Orthopedics, Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation staff is here to help you get back to your active lifestyle in a way that is comfortable and safe for you.
- Women's Health Care: From mammograms to minimally invasive surgeries, you can count on St. Luke's to provide respectful, professional care. We specialize in fertility and reproductive support, preventive care, prenatal and postpartum care, urogynecology and pelvic floor disorders, and incontinence.
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.