Gastroenterology Opportunity in the Beautiful Pacific Northwest!
PEACEHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP is seeking a Gastroenterologist to join our hospital-based Gastroenterology practice located at the St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a Level III Trauma Center, with more than 250 providers and has been recognized with a Beacon Award for critical care outcomes. Serving the community's healthcare needs for more than 70 years, PeaceHealth St. John is community-governed, with a service area of over 100,000 residents and is a nonprofit organization.
Come join a practice that emphasizes a strong work-life balance and keeps you close to the great outdoors!
- Established team of 3 existing Gastroenterologists and a Nurse Practitioner
- 4 day work week (2 procedure days/2 clinic days)
- Call 1:4 (low intensity)
- 12-14 procedures per day
- Primarily outpatient
- Adults only practice with interesting pathology (more than just scoping-diagnostic)
- Interventional Radiology, Colorectal Surgery and Infusion Services (Remicade & Humira) on site
- Support staff is very knowledgeable & easy to work with
LONGVIEW, WASHINGTON HIGHLIGHTS:
- Longview is just 45 miles north of Portland, Oregon & 120 miles south of Seattle, Washington.
- Our community has many locally-owned specialty restaurants, shops & national chains such as Target, Macy's & Home Depot.
- Longview has brand new housing developments well below the prices of nearby metros.
- Washington state has no income tax.
- Forbes Magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River, Mount St. Helens, & beautiful local parks.
Lake Sacajawea Bridge in Longview, WA
Sourcing Project Manager
In 2012 Forbes Magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River, Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument and many beautiful local parks. Our town is situated 45 miles north of the Portland metro area and 120 miles south of Seattle.
Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population over 57k, our area has many locally-owned specialty restaurants and shops plus national chains such as Target, Macy’s, Home Depot, and a variety of grocery shopping options. Golf is also a popular sport in the local area, with the Longview Country Club, Mint Valley, and Three Rivers Golf Course.
Our Providers are deeply integrated with the community and have a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
Washington State has no income tax.
Cowlitz Indian Tribe, a federally recognized tribe, of Cowlitz people, is headquartered in Longview.
PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center provides comprehensive specialty care for more than 180,000 patients per year in Cowlitz County. Our highly trained caregivers are committed to providing, safe compassionate care; every time, every touch. As one of community’s largest employers with more than 1,600 caregivers and 250 active medical staff members, we offer dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Health—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.