Academic Medical Director | Occupational Health
The Ohio State University (OSU) is seeking a Full-Time Occupational Health Medical Director to provide medical oversight and care at our Employee Health Clinic in McCampbell Hall. This position is responsible for ensuring all of OSU’s Occupational Health related clinical policies, programs, and outcomes meet OSU’s workforce requirements. This position serves as the lead consultant to OSU regarding employee health and safety matters.
The Medical Director is responsible for the strategic planning related to departmental scope, services, procedures, and performance improvement for Occupational Health and its services. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Employee Health Practice Manager to incorporate best practices into operational processes regarding prevention and exposure protocols. The position includes medical evaluation and treatment of employees based on occupational risks and/or injuries. Consultations are supported by Employee Health staff.
- Board Certified in Occupational Medicine
- Eligible for an Ohio license
- Qualify for an academic appointment – Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with previous training and experience
Environment & Culture:
The Ohio State University along with its academic partner the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is located in Columbus, Ohio, the state capitol and the 14th largest city in the United States. From historic communities and suburban living to college crowds and nightlife, Columbus is a friendly Midwestern town with metropolitan style. The city is renowned for its leading technological companies, vast academic resources, thriving industry, an eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping, and easily accessible opportunities for sports and recreation for participants and fans alike. The University and Medical Center are home to an exciting, growth-oriented culture of innovation and discovery.
For more on Columbus, please visit https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/careers/about-columbus
For consideration, please send CV along with a cover letter to:
Tiffany Bauman, MBA | Physician and Faculty Recruitment
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
Practice where the ambition is to drive breakthrough healthcare solutions that improve people’s lives
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center will challenge you, reward you and give you the chance to make an impact through high-quality, safe, efficient, patient-centered care. As the only academic health center in central Ohio, we can offer you the personal growth opportunities and diverse patient cases that can fuel a career from day one to retirement.
As a valued member of a multidisciplinary team, you’ll have access to the resources, research and support you need to excel. The Ohio State University, one of the largest universities in the nation, furthers our dynamic environment and strengthens clinical practices with education and research possibilities as broad as your imagination. You can choose the track of practice that best suits your interests: clinical, clinical-research or research.
There’s room for everyone at Ohio State, regardless of your specialty or background: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center was just listed among the top five companies in the country on Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity list.
And for the 28th consecutive year, we’ve been ranked on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals list. Because of our size, our patient population presents cases from simple to complex, with a range of unique co-morbidities. If you’re interested in challenging and expanding your medical expertise, come to Ohio State.
View all rankings and awards.
Wexner Medical Center stats
- University Hospital
- East Hospital
- Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute
- Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital
- Brain and Spine Hospital
- Ohio State Harding Hospital
- Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital
More than 100 central Ohio facilities, including:
- Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute
- Talbot Addiction Medicine
- Ohio State Eye and Ear Institute
- Ohio State Integrative Medicine
- Walk-in Care Clinics
- AfterHours Care
- Nine multispecialty community locations
Ohio State is improving and expanding
Ohio State is committed to creating the model academic health center of the future. As part of this goal, we’ve dedicated $3 billion to creating new, state-of-the-art facilities for research, education and patient care.
These facilities include:
- A new, 840-bed inpatient hospital that improves multidisciplinary collaboration among specialties, including with The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Three large suburban outpatient care facilities that offer care from routine to specialty—even vision and dental care
- A new outpatient care center on our West Campus that features central Ohio’s first proton therapy treatment facility
- A 270-square-foot biomedical research facility with tremendous opportunities for collaboration and experimental research with its core lab space, wet labs and 15,000-square-foot vivarium
- An Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Center that will serve as the new home to Ohio State’s College of Medicine as well as the centerpiece of our health sciences program
Life in Columbus
We understand that relocating your life is a big deal, and you’re interested in what life will look like beyond the hospital walls. You’re in luck: It’s likely that Columbus has more than you expected. Of course, we love our city—it’s a great place to start out, to stay, to raise a family, to explore—but we’re admittedly partial.
From historic communities and suburban living to college crowds and nightlife, Columbus is a friendly Midwestern town with metropolitan style. The city is renowned for its leading technological companies, vast academic resources, thriving industry and eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping.