Landing PageGeneral, Critical Care/Trauma Surgeon
Northeast Medical Group | Yale New Haven Health System
We have an outstanding opportunity to join Northeast Medical Group (NEMG) and Yale New Haven Health System, in affiliation with the Yale School of Medicine. Yale New Haven Health includes Yale New Haven, Bridgeport, Greenwich, Lawrence + Memorial and Westerly hospitals; several specialty networks; and Northeast Medical Group, a physician-led multispecialty group with nearly 1000 clinicians. NEMG is a physician group designed to provide excellence in medical care driven by compassion and sensitivity to the needs of our patients.
This position is located at Bridgeport Hospital and Milford Campus, primarily serving patients from Fairfield and New Haven Counties. YNHH Bridgeport Hospital is a 425-bed facility that is part of the Yale New Haven Health System and serves Connecticut’s most populous city as well as its surrounding communities in Fairfield and New Haven counties. Bridgeport Hospital is verified as an American College of Surgeons “Level II” trauma center and burn patients are seen in The Connecticut Burn Center—the only burn center in Connecticut—from throughout the state and neighboring states. The emergency department receives 90,000+ emergency visits a year and has contributed to increases in patient volume to the acute care surgery service. YNHH Milford Campus is our newest addition to YNHH and its general surgery coverage is provided by our acute care surgery team. Its emergency department sees 20,000+ encounters a year and the surrounding community practitioners provide a growing referral base.
The section of Trauma, Burns, and Surgical Critical Care is seeking an Acute Care/Trauma/Critical Care surgeon with interests in the following:
- Working full-time caring for general surgery, trauma, burn and critically ill surgical patients
- Actively participating in resident education (Bridgeport Hospital is a teaching site for the Yale-New Haven General Surgery Residency Program)
- Developing an elective general surgical practice based in the surrounding community
- Participating in the research and quality improvement projects sponsored by the section of trauma, burns, and surgical critical care
- Individuals must be highly motivated, team oriented with excellent communication skills committed to surgical care, resident and student teaching. All levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
We are proud to offer:
- Highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- Flexible schedules to ensure work-life balance
- Faculty appointment with Ivy League University available
- Supportive practice services so you can focus on patient care
- A collegial environment with access to expert specialists and the resources of one of the nation’s leading health systems
- Epic electronic medical record to share patient information with every clinician in our health system
Enjoy all four seasons in beautiful New England; Family-oriented residential communities with some of the best schools in the nation; Conveniently located between New York City and Boston.
Please forward inquiries and CV to:
Sophie Kotomski, Staff Physician Recruiter
Yale New Haven Health | Northeast Medical Group