HCA Midwest Health is assisting in the search for a full time BE/BC Hematology-Oncologist with an interest in rural health. The incoming Oncologist will be joining a private practice group of 2 physicians and 2+ advanced practice providers. The group also features stability as they are in collaboration and partnership with the area's largest healthcare network in Kansas City.
In this group, physicians will have the ability to develop a large solid tumor practice within community setting. This group provides excellent continuity of care in the patient's own community while having access to complex cancer services within the largest physician network in Kansas City. Clinical research opportunities will also be available.
Call will be shared equally and will have Advanced Practice Providers to provide additional call coverage and rounding support. The incoming provider can expect to be 1:3 call.
The group is offering a competitive salary based on training and experience and a fully comprehensive benefits package.
About HCA Midwest Health
HCA Midwest Health is Kansas City's largest healthcare provider and recognized leader in healthcare with over 150 locations including hospitals, emergency rooms, doctor's offices, urgent care centers, surgery centers, and specialty physician practices. With neuroscience services at 7 KC hospitals, we provide patients access to the most cutting-edge clinical treatment in the region. We are also the region's largest network of designated stroke centers including a Comprehensive Stroke Center and four Primary Stroke Centers.
About Kansas City
The Kansas City Metropolitan area is home to 2.5 million residents, representing Kansas and Missouri. Referred to as the City of Fountains, Kansas City is increasingly known as a cosmopolitan center that is also a fantastic place to raise a family offering affordability and an unmatched ease of living.
* Kansas City earns a spot on the 10 Most Affordable Cities in America by PureWow. Comparisons are drawn on housing, gym memberships, movie tickets and more.
* Kansas City secures No. 9 ranking on list of the Friendliest Cities in America by Travel + Leisure. The ranking order was chosen due to above-and-beyond sensitivity, affordability and walkability.
* Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more.
* With four James Beard Award winning chefs, and about a dozen James Beard award finalists in our market, Kansas City is definitely recognized nationally as a foodie town.
* We equate a minute to a mile in commute time, average commute 23 minutes, more roadways per capita than most other cities. KC is the most centrally-located city in the country-just a three hour non-stop flight to either coast!
* On average, housing in KC is 22% less than the U.S. average. This affordability allows you propel yourself personally faster. From cool urban apartments to cute bungalows to single-family homes in the suburbs or larger homes with land-we have something for everyone within a 30 minute drive in the metro.
Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. AA/EOE. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship. Interested in learning more? Contact Allegra Lowell, Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com.
Founded more than 120 years ago by German physicians, Research Medical Center has become one of the crown jewels in the HCA Midwest Health System. Located in the heart of Kansas City, Research Medical Center is among the only tertiary care centers serving Kansas City proper. Over the past century, this 507-bed institution has built a tradition of serving residents in Kansas City and a 150-mile surrounding region with exceptional patient care and leading technology. Research Medical Center has completed more than $100 million in capital improvements, including new lobby and admitting areas, renovated and expanded Cancer Center and Women's Care Unit, construction of all private patient rooms and doubling the Emergency Department.
Recognizing the need for highly specialized programs to treat the critically ill, Research Medical Center has selected four specific clinical areas and designated them as a "Center of Excellence." These four centers represent a commitment by the Medical Center to provide the very best facilities, the most technologically advanced equipment and some of the top physicians and staff specialists in the region.
About Kansas City:
* Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
* The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
* Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
* KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
* On average, housing in KC is 22 percent less than the U.S. average and the average commute time is 23 minutes or less. The affordability and balance in lifestyle allow you to propel yourself personally faster without compromising your ability to access world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and sporting events!
* Kansas City is a community that feeds your passion-regardless of your interests outside of the workplace. For the sports enthusiast-check out the KC Chiefs, Sporting KC and KC Royals. For the food enthusiast-KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. For the creative and cultural aficionado-- internationally known museums, dynamic gallery districts and outstanding performances create a colorful palette for locals to enjoy.
* Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more. Forbes, The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work.
Come see what we have to offer!