The Department of Radiology at The Ohio State University College of Medicine/Wexner Medical Center is seeking Fellowship-Trained candidates for full-time faculty positions (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) in Thoracic Imaging.
The OSU Department of Radiology offers a competitive salary enhanced with an attractive benefits package, including educational opportunities through The Ohio State University. Combination with Vice Chair (Clinical Radiology Research & Technology Assessment) opportunity is possible if background and leadership capabilities are adequate.
The responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to patient care, research, and training graduate and postgraduate students. This includes conference presentations, tutorial sessions and formal lectures, both within and outside of the Department of Radiology. Clinical services will be performed primarily in a teaching setting providing training instruction in image interpretation. The position offers excellent opportunities for advancement in all facets of Thoracic Imaging, supported by the outstanding resources in the 155-person Department, including its world-class Laboratory for Augmented Intelligence in Imaging.
Our Department of Radiology is rapidly growing with expanded services at off-site imaging centers, renovations to our existing clinical spaces, and new spaces through the medical center strategic expansion project ($3+ Billion). The Division of Thoracic Imaging currently includes 6 Radiologists, with focus on all aspects of thoracic imaging, in particular critical care, diffuse lung disease, and evaluation of malignancies and associated complications. By joining our faculty, you have the opportunity to work within a prominent radiology department and nationally renowned cancer program, committed to growth; uncompromising patient care, education and research; and our singular vision: to create the future of medicine, one patient, one discovery at a time.
- MD or DO
- Successful completion of Fellowship in Thoracic Imaging
- American Board of Radiology Certification.
- Must possess or be eligible for licensure in the State of Ohio.
- Candidates must have strong technical expertise, the ability to work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, and willingness to participate in research and/or teaching.
- Appointment rank and salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to:
Kam Carlberg | Faculty Recruiter
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Columbus, Ohio
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified women, minorities, Vietnam era and disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Practice where the ambition is to drive breakthrough healthcare solutions that improve people’s lives
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center will challenge you, reward you and give you the chance to make an impact through high-quality, safe, efficient, patient-centered care. As the only academic health center in central Ohio, we can offer you the personal growth opportunities and diverse patient cases that can fuel a career from day one to retirement.
As a valued member of a multidisciplinary team, you’ll have access to the resources, research and support you need to excel. The Ohio State University, one of the largest universities in the nation, furthers our dynamic environment and strengthens clinical practices with education and research possibilities as broad as your imagination. You can choose the track of practice that best suits your interests: clinical, clinical-research or research.
There’s room for everyone at Ohio State, regardless of your specialty or background: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center was just listed among the top five companies in the country on Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity list.
And for the 28th consecutive year, we’ve been ranked on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals list. Because of our size, our patient population presents cases from simple to complex, with a range of unique co-morbidities. If you’re interested in challenging and expanding your medical expertise, come to Ohio State.
View all rankings and awards.
Wexner Medical Center stats
- University Hospital
- East Hospital
- Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute
- Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital
- Brain and Spine Hospital
- Ohio State Harding Hospital
- Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital
More than 100 central Ohio facilities, including:
- Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute
- Talbot Addiction Medicine
- Ohio State Eye and Ear Institute
- Ohio State Integrative Medicine
- Walk-in Care Clinics
- AfterHours Care
- Nine multispecialty community locations
Ohio State is improving and expanding
Ohio State is committed to creating the model academic health center of the future. As part of this goal, we’ve dedicated $3 billion to creating new, state-of-the-art facilities for research, education and patient care.
These facilities include:
- A new, 840-bed inpatient hospital that improves multidisciplinary collaboration among specialties, including with The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Three large suburban outpatient care facilities that offer care from routine to specialty—even vision and dental care
- A new outpatient care center on our West Campus that features central Ohio’s first proton therapy treatment facility
- A 270-square-foot biomedical research facility with tremendous opportunities for collaboration and experimental research with its core lab space, wet labs and 15,000-square-foot vivarium
- An Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Center that will serve as the new home to Ohio State’s College of Medicine as well as the centerpiece of our health sciences program
Life in Columbus
We understand that relocating your life is a big deal, and you’re interested in what life will look like beyond the hospital walls. You’re in luck: It’s likely that Columbus has more than you expected. Of course, we love our city—it’s a great place to start out, to stay, to raise a family, to explore—but we’re admittedly partial.
From historic communities and suburban living to college crowds and nightlife, Columbus is a friendly Midwestern town with metropolitan style. The city is renowned for its leading technological companies, vast academic resources, thriving industry and eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping.