HealthONE announces a hospital-employed opportunity for a BE/BC vascular surgeon to join our busy and growing practice based at The Medical Center of Aurora. This recruitment is part of a key strategic growth initiative within the HealthONE system. Our Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery Practice has a strong primary care and wound care referral base along with 24/7 hospitalist coverage. The successful candidate will be a BE/BC vascular surgeon with skill sets encompassing both open surgical and endovascular therapies but have a strong interest in managing complex peripheral vascular disease and complex aortic disease. The chosen candidate is expected to work closely with the various multidisciplinary teams within the health care system to grow the vascular volume through referral and networking.
HealthONE's six hospitals, freestanding EDs and ancillary units are part of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), a national network of 170 hospitals and associated ancillaries counting more than 35 million patient encounters annually. HealthONE's outreach program extends service to over 65 communities in Colorado and contiguous states.
Successful candidates will be:
* BE/BC in Vascular Surgery
* Both experienced candidates as well as qualified fellows completing training in 2020 will be considered
* CO licensed or eligible for licensure in CO
* Candidates will have superb communication skills, a track record of leadership and a passion for program development and collaboration focusing on access and quality
* Comfortable performing full spectrum of vascular services from office-based procedures to larger, complex hospital-based procedures as immediate growth is needed in vascular surgery
* Flexible, confident and motivated to be part of a growing program
* Teach and lead the next generation of vascular trainees as part of existing training programs and planned Vascular Surgery Residency.
Career satisfaction begins with:
* Competitive compensation with competitive bonus structure
* Robust benefits including 401K matching, CME time and allowance, employee stock purchase etc...
* Support staff including advance practice providers to help in the OR as well as coordinating inpatient and outpatient care
* Brand new office conveniently located on the hospital campus
* Collegiality of the HealthONE Physician Services Group team of 100+ employed physicians in Denver and HCA's national Vascular Service Line
* Operate at a tertiary care hospital and Level II trauma center serving a culturally and ethnically diverse patient population.
Living in Denver, Colorado
* 310 sunny days a year w/ 4 seasons
* Community culture based on being active and outside. Residents enjoy the nation's largest metro network of neighborhood trail systems, open space parks, nature preserves, skateboard parks, dog off-leash parks.
* Beautiful views of the Rockies from most neighborhoods in Denver Metro area. 90 minute drive to Colorado's famous ski resorts and hiking trails
* Denver's best school districts are an easy commute to The Medical Center of Aurora
Please respond with CV and cover message to HealthONE in-house, hospital system recruiter.
The Medical Center of Aurora, an HCA/HealthONE hospital, has three campuses in the metro Denver area and a variety of top-rated services, including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, surgery and women's health.
The South Campus acute care hospital is licensed for 346 beds and has Level II trauma designation with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation.
The North Campus houses the Behavioral Health and Wellness Center which offers inpatient and outpatient behavioral health programs for Adults, Adolescents and Seniors, as well as outpatient imaging services.
Centennial Medical Plaza, located in Centennial, Colorado, is a free-standing ER and offers outpatient surgical services, outpatient imaging, and Colorado Breast Care, a women's health center.
The Medical Center of Aurora, metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence, and Centennial Medical Plaza, are the primary medical destination for the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor.
Living in the Denver Metro Area:
Recreation and an active lifestyle beckon. It's no wonder that Metro Denver's young, active residents are among the nations healthiest-in both mind and body. Area residents dabble in everything from skiing to hiking, mountain biking to river rafting. Perhaps that's why the area is one of the fittest cities in the country.
When they're not enjoying the region's great outdoors, citizens take advantage of championship sports teams and cultural attractions, such as events at The Denver Performing Arts Complex-the largest such facility under one roof outside of New York City. To learn more about living in Denver, visit http://www.metrodenver.org/living-here