Cardiovascular – PA/NP
PA/NP to perform, under the responsibility and supervision of a designated physician, diagnostic and therapeutic tasks to improve the care available to patients treated at the Hospital.
Ellis Medicine is a 438-bed community and teaching healthcare system serving New York’s Capital Region. With four campuses – Ellis Hospital, Ellis Health Center, Bellevue Woman’s Center and Medical Center of Clifton Park – five additional service locations, more than 3,300 employees and more than 700 members of our medical staff. Ellis Medicine is one of the largest employers in the area and we provide a network of care to serve every segment of the population.
• PA/NP will work with the Cardiovascular Service Team to provide assistance in the care of cardiology and cardiovascular surgery patients in the hospital including the Emergency Department and the Intensive Care Unit
• Perform and record history and physical examination.
• Establish working diagnosis, and under physician supervision is responsible for management of patient problems/complications.
• Inform the cardiologist of significant changes in the patient's condition.
• Collect data and write pertinent progress notes on charts/EMR.
• Make routine rounds as directed by and/or with the cardiologist.
• Initiate appropriate laboratory, radiologic, and special examinations for tests required for the evaluation of illness.
• Perform clinical procedures at the direction of the supervising physician or his designee. Procedures which are permitted must be in the Delineation of Privileges and approved by the supervising physician.
• Collect/review departmental data for quality and process improvement.
• Graduation from an AMA approved NP/ PA training program recognized by the New York State Education Department
• Nationally Board Certified as required by the State of New York (as of 1/19).
• Obtain 100 CME hours (50 Category I, 50 Category II) every two years to maintain Board Certification. Re-certification every 6 years (or 10 years depending on the date of last certification/recertification) as required.
• ACLS certified (every 2 years)
Ellis Medicine is a 438-bed community and teaching healthcare system serving New York’s Capital Region. With four campuses –
- Ellis Hospital
- Ellis Health Center
- Bellevue Woman’s Center
- Medical Center of Clifton Park
Plus five additional service locations, more than 3,300 employees and more than 700 members of our medical staff. Ellis Medicine is one of the largest employers in the area and we provide a network of care to serve every segment of the population.
The community of Schenectady, New York offers
- Medium-sized city with suburban surroundings
- Numerous Recreational, Educational, Cultural Opportunities
- Central location to NYC, Boston, Montreal
- Near Saratoga Springs, Lake George, Vermont skiing, Adirondacks
- Affordable housing, excellent schools
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|