Faculty Family Medicine Physician - FMSW Residency Program
At PeaceHealth our vision is that every person receives safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch. PeaceHealth Family Medicine of Southwest Washington (FMSW) is seeking an experienced physician to join our faculty and practice within our Residency Program. FMSW is an unopposed, community-based, University of Washington School of Medicine-affiliated residency program located in Vancouver, Washington. It is a part of the University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network and sponsored by PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- 25 year running program with the founders are still leading the program
- Join 24 residents, 22 practicing faculty physicians and 3 physician assistants in clinical practice
- NCQA Level III Medical Home with embedded LCSW, Pharmacist, and Behavioral Health PhD
- Variety of clinic, hospital attending and precepting duties
- 16-18 patients/day per clinic session and shared call between faculty
Here is why you should experience Vancouver, Washington:
- Vancouver is a robust city with over 174,000 residents and you will be in a community voted as the most friendly walking & bicycling city in the United States! The city is known for its naturally beautiful scenery, abundant outdoor recreation, diverse cuisine, art walks, contemporary boutiques, and a vibrant farmers market- all nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains on the north bank of the Columbia River. 2018 will showcase Vancouver’s new 7.3 acre waterfront park that will feature shopping, dining, housing units, professional office space, water sports access, parks and a 90 cable pier overlooking the Columbia River.
- Sports fanatic? Cheer for professional basketball, soccer, and baseball organizations. You will also take allegiance to many of the flagship universities just a quick drive away!
- Home to a community of strong education and high scoring schools. Many high schools were given top accolades in the state of Washington.
- Just 10 minutes away from Portland International Airport and Washington state has no income tax!
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. They are one of the largest employer in Clark County.
- 24/7 Hospitalist team provides hospital care and call coverage and there is a nurse phone-triage team.
- Last year there were more than 275,000 outpatient clinic visits
- Over 850 active medical staff members with most specialty services provided locally and 3200 caregivers
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center provides comprehensive specialty care for more than 250,000 patients a year in southwest Washington. Our highly trained caregivers are committed to providing safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch. As one of Clark County’s largest employers with 2,900 caregivers and 600 active medical staff members, we offer dozens of medical specialty services and programs, including emergency, trauma, comprehensive heart and vascular, interventional stroke care, bone and joint, brain and spine cancer and birthing services.
Vancouver, Washington - a city with much to offer visitors and residents alike- is located just across the river from Portland, Oregon. We enjoy a mild climate and just to the North and East, beautiful scenic views and countless outdoor recreational opportunities. Vancouver’s friendly community has quick access to all the metropolitan amenities of Portland, and is home to award-winning schools, affordable housing, and beautiful recreational areas.It truly is a place to experience and love!
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Health—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.