Due to growing market demands, Salina Regional Health Center, is now seeking a BE/BC General Surgeon to round out our team. Salina has a population of 50,000 but pulls in patients from a region of 250,000 people.
- Work with four partners in a high functioning Level III trauma center
- Opportunities to expand practice with wound care, vein clinic, and vascular services
- Block OR scheduling with da Vinci Xi and Si technology
- Clinic is next door to the hospital, making life convenient for the provider
- Supportive hospital administration
- Large referral base; SRHC employs 27 family medicine physicians in five communities
- TEACH! Salina is home to KU School of Medicine-Salina and Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency
About Salina Regional Health Center
- Regional health center with three critical access hospitals; North Central Kansas Health Center, Lindsborg Community Hospital and Memorial Health System
- Eight operating rooms with da Vinci Xi & Si, Stryker Mako Robot and BrainLab technologies
- High functioning level III trauma center
- Certified Primary Stroke Center & Chest Pain Center
- Average patient census is 150-160
- 100% private patient rooms with lifts
- 18 bed ICU with intensivist coverage
- Solid financial stability – Moody’s A1 Bond rating
- Salina Regional Medical Group employs 85+ physicians and 60+ APP’s
- Specialties available for patients include; 24/7 cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, neurology, orthopedic surgery & more!
- Great work environment & resources as the average physician tenure is 17 years!
- Salina has a population of 50,000 but due to its location, pulls in patients from a region of 250,000!
- Sign on bonus
- Guaranteed base compensation plus patient quality, satisfaction and production bonuses
- Relocation allowance
- CME time off and allowance
- Paid malpractice
- Medical, dental & vision
- Retirement plus match
- Stipend for residents & fellows as they finish their last two years of training; stipend repaid through service
About Salina, Kansas
- Located in the heart of Kansas, population 50,000
- GREAT schools and fantastic community to raise a family
- Large farming and industrial community
- Like the outdoors? Close to many golf courses, lakes, hiking trails & state parks
- Great options for arts & entertainment
- Regional airport with daily flights to Denver & Chicago
- Hobbies?? We have them! Golf, disc golf, hiking, biking, running, theatre, dancing, skiing, boating, camping, exploring, shopping, cultural events, spirituality, aviation, semi-professional football team, drive in theatre, swimming, photography, dining, history, pottery and much, much more!!!
- Ideal location as Salina is 1.5 hours north of Wichita, 2.5 hours west of Kansas City, 4 hours from Omaha, NE & 6 hours to Denver, CO.
Salina Regional Health Center has the region’s most comprehensive surgical services unit, performing a variety of surgeries. SRHC has eight operating rooms, each equipped with modern, state-of-the-art surgical equipment and technology. With this level of technology investment, SRHC is performing cutting-edge procedures and was one of the first in north central Kansas to offer the da Vinci Surgical System.
Find us on Facebook; search Salina Physician Opportunities
Exciting things happening at Salina Regional Health Center
Salina Regional Health Center (SRHC) located in Salina, Kansas is a not-for-profit comprehensive acute care hospital that serves all of north central Kansas. Our commitment to excellence makes a difference in people's lives, giving them the confidence that comes from getting better and stronger, every day. At Salina Regional, physicians practice old-fashioned compassion, complemented with the latest technologies to make healing happen even faster, delivering confidence for today, for the future, and for the good life.
A Leader in Healthcare
- In June 2018 SRHC received Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI Accreditation from the American College of Cardiology.
- In January 2017 SRHC was awarded Primary Stroke Certification by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP).
- In May 2016, SRHC launched Salina Regional Orthopedic Clinic, a comprehensive orthopedic clinic with a focus on sports medicine.
- In January 2016 SRHC launched a telemedicine service line, Vcare, to include behavioral health, nutritional & diabetic counseling and general surgery.
- August 2014 SRHC received an award for HealthCare’s 2014 Most Wired Hospital. Health Networks magazine named Salina Regional Health Center among the 2014 Most Wired Hospitals. SRHC was one of four hospitals in Kansas to earn the Most Wired designation.
- June 1, 2013 COMCARE, a family medicine clinic, joined Salina Regional Health Center. We now employ 80 physicians and 50 advanced practice providers.
- Fall 2013 SRHC completed a new 18 bed Intensive Care Unit. This expansion comes on the heels of our $70 million dollar six story patient tower and 26 bed Emergency Room.
- In 2013 SRHC achieved Level III Trauma verification from the American College of Surgeons.
- Salina is home to the University of Kansas School of Medicine Salina campus and to KU Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency Program.
- SRHC has been recognized for our commitment to quality care, community service and state-of-the-art medical equipment with additions of a PET Scan, 128 slice CT, da Vinci Robotic Surgical System, HALO Ablation Catheter and coming soon a new Brain Lab.
Salina is a progressive city with a growing population of 50,000. A diverse economy and strong work ethic allows the community to continually rank among Kansas' best in areas such as cost of living, regional trade pull, unemployment, and personal income. Our community serves as the regional hub for state-of-the-art medical services and also serves as the regional hub for retail trade and entertainment. Our community also provides many educational opportunities that range from private and public grade schools to four year universities. Enjoy the areas vast recreational amenities, some of which include our beautiful golf courses, parks and lakes. The performing arts center, community theater, remarkable zoo and entertaining festivals are among the many activities you and your family will enjoy.
Salina has been selected by Business Week magazine as one of the best places in Kansas to raise your kids! For those of us familiar with the community, this is no surprise.