Mercy One Iowa Heart Center is seeking a Vascular Surgeon to join its thriving practice in Des Moines, IA. We offer a competitive compensation including sign on bonus, relocation allowance, paid malpractice and 401 (k) match.
- Join a team of 5 Vascular Surgeons and 4 APCs
- 1:5 Call
- 1600+ vascular cases per year with dedicated OR and Nursing Team
- 6860 vascular service office visits per year
- Collaborative Vascular Access Center team and One hospital system service area
- Non-invasive Vascular Lab performing 15000 exams annually using ultrasound imaging
- Hospital-based Vascular Angio Suite
- Conducting 73 studies with 34 sponsors--Illuminate, Sapphire, Best, Best Registry, IN.Pact SFA, Photofix, Zenith Low Profile, Zenith TRx and Euclid
Iowa Heart Center was founded in 1970 and is one of the largest Cardiovascular, Cardiology & Vascular practices in the Country, with 52 Physicians on staff. Specializing in Cardiovascular Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Advanced Heart Failure, Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology and General Cardiology. Iowa Heart Center is comprised of 11 primary locations and 30+ outreach facilities, spanning across Iowa. We are an active participant in STS Registries (adult, congenital and anesthesia) and perform more than 10,000 cardiac interventions annually.
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center is a non-profit Catholic health care provider that is Joint Commission accredited. MercyOne Des Moines’ hospitals, with a total of 875 beds, include MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, MercyOne West Des Moines Medical Center, MercyOne Children’s Hospital, MercyOne Centerville Medical Center and MercyOne Newton Medical Center. MercyOne Des Moines is an acute care facility with tertiary service area of 1.4 million. MercyOne is one of the largest employers and one of the Midwest’s largest referral centers.
Greater Des Moines is consistently ranked nationally among the best places to live with low cost of living and strong job market. Spend Saturdays at the nationally-renowned Downtown Farmers' Market and afternoons strolling in the Pappajohn Sculpture Park. Bike to the job you love and come home to the community of friends and family. Enjoy abundant trails for walking, running and biking. Surrounding suburbs are known for top-notch schools, clean and safe neighborhoods. Cultural events, music and art festivals, the Iowa State Fair and Iowa Cubs games at Principal Park are just a few attractions Des Moines has to offer. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities can grow, where a work/life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched and award-winning arts and entertainment is always just around the corner. Live life without compromise.
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center is a not-for-profit Catholic health care provider, with a total of 875 beds, includes:
- MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center – West Lakes
- MercyOne Children’s Hospital &, Clinics
- MercyOne Centerville Medicla Center
- MercyOne Newton Medical Center
For more than 100 years, MercyOne has been an outstanding presence in the health care community in Iowa. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne is the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
With approximately 7,000 staff members and a medical staff of about 1,200 physicians and allied health professionals, Mercy is one of the state’s largest employers and one of the Midwest’s largest referral centers.
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center – Des Moines is a member of Mercy Health Network (MHN) and is a part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), a national nonprofit health organization with headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. MHN was founded in 1998 under a joint operating agreement between CHI and Trinity Health, based in Livonia, Michigan. They are two of the country’s largest Catholic, not-for-profit health organizations. MHN consists of 15 owned hospitals, one joint venture surgical hospital, 26 affiliated community hospitals, 207 owned physician clinics and one joint venture primary care physician enterprise.
In addition to operating the state’s largest medical center, MercyOne has several additional ministries including: MercyOne Medical Group Central Iowa, MercyOne Des Moines Home Care, Mercy College of Health Sciences, MercyOne Des Moines Foundation, the MercyOne Health &, Fitness Center and MercyOne ACO.
At MercyOne, we train doctors and attract faculty by offering four medical residency programs: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery and Psychiatry.
Recognition and Awards
- Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award
- Mission: Lifeline’s Bronze-Plus Award
- Best Regional Hospital for 2017-18 by U.S. News &, World Report
- Recipient of the 2016/2017 Consumer Choice Award by National Research Corporation (NRC) for the 18th consecutive year
- MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and MercyOne West Des Moines Medical Center were the first centers in the nation to earn accreditation in cardiac electrophysiology (EP) by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- MercyOne Ruan Neurology Care was named a Corporate Stars Award Sylvie recipient by the National MS Society – Upper Midwest Chapter
- MercyOne Newton Medical Center was named one of the 2017 Top 100 Rural &, Community Hospitals in the U.S.
CHI is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees, physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.