Mercy Clinic is seeking a full-time BE/BC Rheumatologist to join our well-established and busy rheumatology practice in Joplin, Missouri. The ideal candidate will be energetic with a desire to take this practice to the next level.
Mercy Clinic Rheumatology
- Great schedule:Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m
- Hospitalist coverage (consults only)
- Diverse patient population with a variety of routine and complex cases
- Onsite ancillary services and infusion center
- Strong outreach opportunities in rural communities
- Teaching opportunities available with the local medical school
- System wide Epic EMR
- H1-B and J-1 visas welcome
- Robust Compensation/Benefits package
- Commencement Bonus
- $10,000 relocation assistance
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401k/403b Retirement Plans
- Occurrence-based malpractice
- Vacation and CME
Appreciate an excellent quality of life in Joplin, where a crossroads of culture lies tucked away in the beautiful Ozarks of Southwest Missouri
- As the fourth largest metropolitan area in the state, Joplin maintains the lowest cost of living and highest bang-for-your buck
- Population of the Greater Joplin Area is 75,000 (flourishing to over 200,000 during the workday) Joplin serves as a hub of economic, health and cultural activity for multiple communities in the four-state area
- Spend more time at home with no commute. Beautiful neighborhoods are located within an easy 5-10 minute drive from the clinic and hospital.
- Balance work with an active lifestyle with activities including golf (1 private, 3 public courses), tennis, numerous gyms, running, and hiking the scenic chert bluffs
- Enjoy easy access to nearby streams and lakes for fishing, kayaking and boating
- Multiple preK-12 options exist to make sure young minds have the opportunity to thrive. Choose from public, private and parochial schools, local colleges and a state university.
- Become a valued member of a diverse, growing medical hub with Kansas City University-Joplin's medical school and their 160+ students enrolled per year. A future dental school will open on KCU-Joplin's campus in 2023!
- Joplin has its own airport with United flights to Chicago and Denver. We are less than 1 hour from national airports in Springfield, MO and Bentonville, AR and 90 minutes from international airport in Tulsa.
- To learn why you should “Choose Joplin”, please copy and paste the following in your browser: https://vimeo.com/362309959
Become a part of our legacy and help us build a healthier future.
The opening of Mercy Hospital Joplin brings an unprecedented leap forward in health care while fulfilling a promise not just to rebuild, but build a stronger community.
Patients will benefit from the latest technologies and design innovations:
- Brand new, state-of-the art, 200+ bed hospital which opened March 2015.
- State-of-the-art emergency department next to imaging and operating rooms for faster diagnostics and treatment.
- Intensive care that has won national recognition for providing an added level of attention to the sickest patients. Medical experts at the bedside are helped by off-site, critical-care doctors and nurses in monitoring patients 24/7. This teamwork reduces lengths of stay, improves care and saves lives.
- Telemedicine provides life-saving care for patients who suffer from stroke and dangerous complications from infection. Mercy’s technology monitors and manages care in a radically new way with centralized early alerts to flag patients at the first sign of trouble.
- Integrated electronic health record connects patient care within the hospital, across Joplin and throughout Mercy, coordinating care to ensure healthier patients while eliminating testing duplications.
- Accredited cancer center provides comprehensive care through a full range of diagnostic and treatment services.
- Intuitive design makes it easier for patients and visitors to find their way.
- Storm-hardened facility with precast concrete shell, windows that can withstand high winds and partially buried generators for backup power in an emergency.
- Large combined labor, delivery and recovery rooms keep families together as new moms remain in one room for their entire stay - not available elsewhere in the region.
- Birthing center includes secure access for labor and delivery rooms, ensuring babies and families are safe during their stay.