Surgical Critical Care or General Surgery
Saint Joseph Medical Group
General Surgery or Surgical Critical Care Opportunity
Saint Joseph Medical Group is searching for a General Surgeon or Surgical Critical Care with a minimum of five years experience along with leadership skills to participate as a clinical team member in leading, modeling and delivery of a full range of services to our clients at Saint Joseph London Hospital. This includes meeting or exceeding standards for patient safety, patient care outcomes and quality consistent with the mission and values of the organization.
Located in the foothills of Appalachia, but conveniently accessible right off of I-75 in close proximity to Lexington and Knoxville, London, Kentucky is considered the "Vacation Crossroads". Whether you're an avid cyclist or a nature enthusiast, London has much to offer from being known as the "Cycling Capital of Kentucky" to its beautiful lakes and forests. Also, boasting a low cost of living, a sound base for industrial and retail business as well as an exemplary school system, London offers much opportunity to visitors and new residents alike.
Surgeons work in a state-of-the-art facility, opened in 2010. The surgical program is supported by Hospitalists and specialists. By being part of the Surgical Services at Saint Joseph London, the Surgical Team works closely with hospital leaders regarding Quality, Safety along with the Saint Joseph Medical Group to provide service for all patients at Saint Joseph London. Physicians leadership opportunities at Saint Joseph London Medical Staff and the Saint Joseph Medical Group, which emphasizes the importance of physicians not only as clinicians, but as leaders in healthcare.
- Open ICU
- Hospitalist Support
- Competitive Salary
- Full Time Benefits
- Full Time position
- Call 1:3
- Surgical services support: vascular, thoracic, orthopedic, ENT, urology, interventional cardiology
- Faith Based Organization
- Understand, support, and implement the mission of the facility to deliver healthcare to those in need in the performance of all job responsibilities
- Ensure that patient care meets or exceeds the national quality standards
- Ensure that patient satisfaction meets or exceeds national care standards
- Educate patients on both clinical and managed care
- Participate in clinic and network task forces as requested and appropriate
- Function as an effective clinic team member
- Effectively use clinic financial and other performance information to drive performance and patient care outcomes
- Successful completion ACGME or AOA post graduate training program. Board certification or active participation in the examination process
- Kentucky License
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values: Reverence:Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness. Compassion:Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys,rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community. Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians,patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
Founded in 1926, Saint Joseph London opened a new $152 million, 340,000 square-foot regional facility in 2010. The facility features the latest technology along with nationally ranked, award-wining services. The 150 bed licensed facility (all private rooms) overlooking a small lake and garden on the 52-acre healing enviornment. Services are provided to a population of 250,000.
London is located in the foothills of the beautiful scenic Appalachian Mountains. The north/south corridor is open via Interstate 75. London is located between Lexington, Kentucky and Knoxville, Tennessee. London/ Laurel County is surrounded by natural beauty, designed for the nature enthusiast. The birth of Colonel Sander’s famous fried chicken and home of the “World Chicken Festival”, Surrounded by the Daniel Boone National Forest, miles of nature trails and habitat for native animals and plants and trees. Two, 18 hole golf courses, hiking, camping, fishing, tennis and boating are just some of the ways to enjoy the natural resources of the area. Laurel County offers a high quality of life with living expenses 4.7% lower than the national average.
We are part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org