Faculty Physician (Gastrointestinal Oncology)| University of Minnesota Physicians| Minneapolis, MN
University of Minnesota Physicians
University of Minnesota Physicians and the Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Transplantation (HOT) is recruiting a full-time physician on the clinical academic track specializing in Gastrointestinal Oncology. We are seeking an energetic, self-starting professional who ideally has translational research experience and clinical expertise in the treatment and research related to Gastrointestinal Oncology, as well as independently obtained research funding.
The successful applicant will have a strong desire to work within a team-based environment of the UMN Medical School.
- This individual will assume a key leadership role in the development, implementation, and supervision of innovative research projects and clinical trials in the treatment of cancer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead and collaborate with research team members involved in support of critical research goals. This individual will also participate in the inpatient and outpatient clinical care of hematology/oncology patients as well as teaching of medical students and post-graduate trainees.
- Faculty in the HOT Division have the opportunity to work in partnership with The Masonic Cancer Center at the University of Minnesota which is a Comprehensive Cancer Center designated by the National Cancer Institute. Since 1991, researchers, educators, and care providers have worked collaboratively to discover the causes, prevention, detection and treatment of cancer and cancer-related disease.
- The Masonic Cancer Center offers faculty a collaborative research environment focused on the causes, prevention, detection, and treatment of cancer; applying that knowledge to improve quality of life for patients and survivors; and sharing its discoveries with other scientists, students, professionals, and the community.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine residency and Hematology/Oncology fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified with the American Board of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology Board
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Demonstrated excellence in patient care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
- Applicants must have the ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
With 22 lakes in the city limits alone, Minneapolis combines a lush green environment with cosmopolitan sophistication. Music, theater and world-class art, history and culture museums thrive here alongside abundant sports and recreation opportunities. Annual events bring community members together--such as the summer Aquatennial, the Twin Cities Marathon-held during the first weekend in October, and the Holidazzle Parade held each evening between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sidewalk dining, abundant shopping, educational excellence and economic vitality combine to make Minneapolis an attractive city in which to live and work.