Medical Director - MS licensed | 100% Telepsychiatry
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and administers The Behavioral Health Department’s mental health programs, activities, and services
- Develops and implements new behavioral health programs to meet the needs of the clinic's patients as resources allow or retools existing programs to meet current needs
- Ensures appropriate training of behavioral health clinical staff in accordance with current standards of behavioral health practice and professional licensure
- Establishes and implements standards for medical practices and policies
- Oversees all psychiatric services, including recognizing and implementing service standards, supporting administration policies, resolving psychiatric practice questions, planning clinician education, and researching and implementing current evidenced-based psychiatric standards of care
- Represents the Department with community organizations, health providers and other governmental jurisdictions
- Oversees the evaluation and performance of subordinate management and supervisory personnel
- Ensures Departmental compliance with all Federal and State requirements for documentation and billing
- Consults with the clinic’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and onsite Medical Leadership on behavioral health and administrative challenges affecting patient care.
- Coordinates and supervises the practice of all behavioral health clinicians and staff psychiatrists
- Adopts general responsibility for the direction of behavioral health programs and services under the Department of Behavioral Health
- Participates in quality improvement/quality assurance policy development and implementation
- Communicates regularly with all medical departments and works collaboratively around patient care
- Works part time clinical hours to maintain first-hand knowledge with clinical standards.
- Assures that policies adhere to contractual obligations.
- Build and develop a Behavioral Health Program
- Develop targeted education and training for behavioral health clinical staff and provide clinical guidance.
- Direct supervision and mentorship to Behavioral Health team.
- Works closely with behavioral health teams to identify and/or resolve clinical issues.
- Provides clinical interviews for potential clinician new hires
- Collaborates with and supervises Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- Requires an M.D./D.O. with a minimum of 5 years of experience in behavioral health.
- Background in telemedicine and clinical administrative experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience working with children and adolescents as well as adults.
- Must be comfortable working with a remote team of clinicians.
- Experience with leading a clinical team and performance management.
- Experience with strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for a behavioral health department or initiative.
- Experience with supporting and supervising behavioral health clinicians.
- Must understand the needs of the most vulnerable members of the community and have experience working within a FQHC.
Striving to continually exceed the expectations of every patient and customer in regard to service, effort, and professional standards.
Demonstrating honest, positive and ethical behavior and communication in valuing our patients, customers, and employees’ rights to privacy and confidentiality.
Making decisions that will ensure the long-term viability of the organization while providing quality services in the best interests of the economy.
Recruiting and supporting highly skilled, caring staff to provide service of the highest ethical and moral standards.
Employing new techniques, processes, and methods to enhance that delivery of care.
Learning, applying & sharing knowledge, which eliminates barriers among the most vulnerable members of the communities we serve.
Array Behavioral Care (formerly InSight + Regroup) is the leading and largest telepsychiatry service provider in the country with a mission to transform access to quality, timely behavioral health care. Array offers telepsychiatry solutions and services across the continuum of care from hospital to home with its OnDemand Care, Scheduled Care and AtHome Care divisions. For more than 20 years, Array has partnered with hundreds of hospitals and health systems, community healthcare organizations and payers of all sizes to expand access to care and improve outcomes for underserved individuals, facilities and communities. As an industry pioneer and established thought leader, Array has helped shape the field, define the standard of care and advocate for improved telepsychiatry-friendly regulations. To learn more, visit www.arraybc.com.