Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families. Manages and treats patients with diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Direct Patient Care.
- Provides direct care for clinical patients needing gastroenterology services.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalency from an approved school of medicine required and
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics required and
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited Fellowship training program in Gastroenterology or Pediatric Gastroenterology required
- Less than 2 years of demonstrated experience in the designated specialty required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire and
- ACLS/BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required upon hire and
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire
- Licensed Physician - WI upon hire required and
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine, or in Gastroenterology by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine, or in Pediatric Gastroenterology by the American Board of Pediatrics upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together: Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others’ opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Analytical Thinking: Solves complex problems using a sequential system.
- Communication Skills: Communicates using persuasion and authority.
- Functional Knowledge: Expertise in his/her discipline and understands these concepts in other disciplines.
- Problem Solving: Asseses circumstances using experience and a variety of information gathered.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently
United Hospital is a premier acute care medical facility located in St. Paul, Minnesota. United is licensed for 556 beds, it offers staffing privileges to more than 1,000 physicians and employs more than 3,000 men and women dedicated to a vision of offering superior service and the highest quality of clinical care. Behavioral Health Services (BHS) of United Hospital provides mental health and substance abuse treatment that is tailored to the needs of the individual. We are dedicated to improving the quality of life of the clients we serve by providing the support and tools to be successful in their recovery efforts.
United Hospital is located in downtown St. Paul, MN. The Twin Cities are known for sporting events, fine dining, art galleries, historic sites, and abundant recreational opportunities. There are many private and public schools from elementary to college and also many housing options from old historic homes to new construction throughout the Twin Cities.
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its:
- 62 Allina Health clinics
- 49 rehabilitation locations
- 23 hospital-based clinics
- 12 hospitals
- 15 retail pharmacies
- 2 ambulatory care centers
- specialty medical services, including hospice care, oxygen and home medical equipment and emergency medical transportation