Pediatrician - Child Abuse
The Children's Hospital at Saint Peter's University Hospital is seeking a Child Abuse Pediatrician for our Dorothy B. Hersh Child Protection Center and General Pediatrics Division.
- Serve as a key member of a multidisciplinary team including clinical social workers, psychologists, board-certified child abuse pediatricians, specialty child abuse nurses, technical and administrative staff.
- Conduct assessments of both physical and sexual abuse cases, as well as, working with our comprehensive evaluation for children's program, conducting assessments for children entering the foster care system.
- Provide general pediatrics services with both outpatient and inpatient responsibilities if desired but not necessary.
- You are a BC/BE Child Abuse Pediatrician.
- You are licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of New Jersey
About the Team:
A state-designated child protection center, Saint Peter's Dorothy B. Hersh Regional Child Protection Center (CPC) serves seven counties in central New Jersey. The CPC provides crisis intervention, child abuse assessments and referrals to community resources. A multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, psychologists and clinical social workers trained to recognize and help victims work with children and their families to try and prevent future abuse.
Saint Peter's offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. You will work in a collaborative environment with a team that has a strong work ethic. The hospital is surrounded by welcoming communities, large academic centers and is minutes from wonderful homes, excellent schools, and quaint New Jersey towns. We are a 45-minute train ride to New York City and an easy 45-minute drive to beautiful beaches.
As a state-designated acute care children’s hospital, The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s University Hospital offers a full-range of pediatric specialized healthcare services for newborns and children through young adulthood. The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s operates one of the largest, most advanced neonatal intensive care units in the country. Our state-designated Regional Perinatal Center is renowned throughout New Jersey for the exceptional level of high-risk maternity and neonatal care provided.