Skip to main content

Physician Job Search: Opportunity Details

Amazing Plastic Surgery Opportunity in beautiful Gainesville, Florida!

Opportunity Criteria

SpecialtySurgery : Plastic
Candidate TypeMD, DO
Visa AcceptedJ-1 or H-1B
Salary Range$325,000 to $400,000 / Year
Loan RepaymentYes
Employment TypeFull Time
Bonuses OfferedNone

Amazing Plastic Surgery Opportunity in beautiful Gainesville, Florida!

Posted on 01/19/2024 | Verified on 01/19/2024
Job ID: 1231365

Amazing Plastic Surgery Opportunity in beautiful Gainesville, Florida!

Gainesville, FL 32608

Highlights & Benefits

  • Academic Opportunities

Job Description

The Plastic Surgery Section of North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System is seeking a board-eligible or board-certified Plastic Surgeon to join the practice at the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center. We are looking for individuals trained in general plastic surgery. Hand fellowship is helpful, but not required. Pathology routinely seen and treated are: elective/urgent/emergent hand, skin cancers, breast reductions, breast reconstructions, eyelids/brows for visual field defects, septorhinoplasty for nasal obstruction, facial trauma.

Work Schedule:

Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Duties will include but are not limited to:

  • Examining patient's and assessing any deformity or illness
  • Applying appropriate reconstructive, cosmetic and corrective medical treatments
  • Performing surgery on patients who want to augment and/or beautify certain body parts
  • Performing various non-invasive treatments
  • Making sure that surgical equipment is sterilized
  • Following up with patients and providing appropriate medical care
  • Explaining the risks and dangers of surgical procedures to patients
  • Assessing patients' psychological health
  • Maintaining confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
  • Conducting Clinic - consults, minor procedures, returns, post op appointments
  • Conduction procedures at Malcom Randall VA Medical Center, OR ambulatory surgery center is located in Lake City, but travel not mandatory
  • Supervision of plastic surgery residents and fellows, general surgery residents, medical students, nursing staff, and ARNP's on site.




VA Benefits



Paid Time Off:

  • 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
  • 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation
  • 11 Federal holidays with pay annually
  • 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses


  • Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available
  • Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
  • VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
  • Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government
  • Long-term care insurance is available as an option

Federal Retirement Plan:

  • VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits, 2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension), and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
  • How is the pension funded? VA employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 12.2% of the employee’s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 16.6% of the employee’s salary
  • Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2020, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $25,500.
  • The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
  • For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
  • In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
  • Disability Retirement
  • Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years service

Facility & Address

  • Gainesville FL


Contact Information

Dana Vercella National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant


This site is only intended for job seekers to contact the organizations posting jobs. Use of this site for solicitation and other unintended purposes is prohibited.

Upcoming Career Fairs